2020 INCOME TAX INFORMATION
HOW TO OBTAIN YOUR TAX INFORMATION ONLINE
HELPFUL HINT: PRINT THIS PAGE BEFORE CLICKING LINK BELOW FOR 2020 TAXES PAID
- To search by your name - Enter your last name, leave a space, and enter the first initial of the person you are inquiring about. You will have to do a separate search for EACH name you are inquiring about. (For example, Smith J Smith A Smith S)
- To search by property location - enter the property number in the first box. Enter the street name only in the second box. (Do not include Road, Avenue, Court, etc.)
- Click on the circle for the "IRS Payment Records for Year 2020" and click Search
- On the right side of the screen, check the box near "IRS". This will bring up a list of all accounts paid in 2020 under the last name and first initial you entered. Click on the "View IRS" tab.
- If you want to print the list of accounts, hold down "CTRL" and "P".
- If you want to print the full account information on any or all of the accounts, click on the "i" icon for the account you want to print. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on "Download PDF".
CLICK HERE for 2020 Taxes Paid
Previous year income tax information can be obtained at the Tax Office only.
DO NOT PROCEED IF A DMV CLEARANCE IS NEEDED FOR REGISTRATION
IF YOU HAVE ACCESSED THIS SITE TO PAY DELINQUENT MOTOR VEHICLE TAXES TO CLEAR YOUR NAME AT DMV FOR A REGISTRATION, THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA MUST BE MET:
1) ALL VEHICLES IN YOUR NAME MUST BE PAID IN FULL
IF YOU CHOOSE TO MAKE AN ONLINE PAYMENT, DMV CLEARANCE TO REGISTER A VEHICLE WILL NOT BE ISSUED FOR 7 – 10 BUSINESS DAYS FROM THE DATE WE RECEIVE THE PAYMENT FILE.
For an immediate release, please place a money order or bank check in the lockbox located at the back entrance to the Prospect Town Hall. Call the Tax Collector’s Office during business hours to inform us your payment is in the drop box.
For more information, call the Tax Collector's Office at (203) 758-4461.
Click below to proceed to online tax inquiry / payment system.
IF A DMV RELEASE IS NEEDED TO REGISTER
payment in full is required by money order or cashier’s check. Payment can be placed in the drop box located at the back entrance to the Prospect Town Hall. Call the Tax Collector’s Office during business hours to inform us your payment is in the drop box.
Pay and/or view Your Taxes Online:
If your vehicles are registered under different first names, you must search under each name separately using the last name and just the first initial of each person. (Example: Smith, J; Smith M). BACK TAXES ON MOTOR VEHICLES must be paid before payment can be applied to a current bill due. Payments made on current bills will be posted to the oldest bills due first. Online payments are subject to a convenience fee charged by the bank as follows:
- Checking/Savings Account $0.95
- Debit/Credit Card 2.95% of total charge (Minimum charge $1.95) (Mastercard, Visa, Discovercard, American Express)
You are able to make partial payments through the online payment system. Per Connecticut General Statute Sec. 12-144b, payments must be be applied to the taxpayers oldest outstanding obligation by type of tax (real estate, motor vehicle or personal property).
A $15.00 FEE IS CHARGED FOR ANY ACH PAYMENT OR ANY DEBIT/CREDIT CHARGE BACK