Land Use

Meeting, Applications, Supporting Documents and Pending Correspondence

The staff of the Land Use Office provides technical assistance to the Planning and Zoning Commission, Inland Wetlands Commission and the Zoning Board of Appeals. The staff also answers public inquiries regarding planning, development and land use regulations. The staff provides contractors with application forms and informationin order to apply for permits and variances.

For general inquires regarding Prospect's Land Use Regulations and the Land Use Boards and Commissions, please contact the Land Use Office at (203) 758-4461.

The Land Use Inspector is responsible for helping the public deal with issues regarding Planning & Zoning, Zoning Board of Appeals, and Inland Wetlands.

The Land Use Inspector provides residents with the proper applications and information in order to do various home improvements. For example, pool permits, additions, decks, garages, sheds, etc.

A Zoning Permit is needed to build a home in Prospect, add a new subdivision, and home occupation. Any time the area of a structure is going to increase or change, a Zoning Permit is required.

Additionally, the Planning and Zoning Commission must approve permit applications for Residential Home Occupations and Changes of Use for Business Properties.

Land Use Inspector

Mary Barton

36 Center St.
Prospect, CT 06712

Phone: (203) 758-4461
Fax: (203) 758-4466
Email: [email protected]


Mon thru Friday 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM

Land Use Office

Mailing Address:

Prospect Town Hall
Attention: Land Use Office
36 Center Street
Prospect, CT 06712

Land Use Office Hours
Monday thru Friday 9:00 to 4:00