Bulk Recycling Center
The Prospect Recycling Center is located at 157 Plank Road. Recycling has been mandated by the State of Connecticut and Prospect has been cooperating in this effort for some time. The Recycling Center is set up for Mr. and Mrs. Prospect Resident and is not for commercial use. The Recycling Center is for Prospect Residents ONLY and for recycled material generated within the boundaries of Prospect.
157 Plank Road
Prospect, CT 06712
Recycling Center Permits
A recycling sticker must be applied to automobile or pick up windows. A sticker may be obtained at the Prospect Town Hall in the Mayor's Office.
- Registration is required to receive a sticker.
- The sticker will only be given for cars or pickup trucks.
- One day passes are available also.
In order to receive a permit, please bring the following with to the Mayor's Office:
- The registration of the vehicle that you would like the permit to be displayed on.
- If you are a new resident to Prospect, and the car is still registered in another town, however you have paid taxes on it in Prospect, please bring a copy of the registration of the vehicle, and a current tax bill to verify that you live in town.
Proof of residency and vehicle registration are required.
- NO commercial vehicles, rack body trucks or dump body pickup trucks.
- If you are constructing a new house or doing a remodeling job that has a substantial amount of debris, you MUST contact a private company for a dumpster if you have building debris from construction, remodeling, clean-ups, or moving.
- Motor Oil - 1 gallon containers should be used to transport motor oil
- Tires -off the rims
- Metal Bin - washing machines, water heaters, etc.
- Wood Bin - wood pieces (no longer than 3-4 feet)
- Furniture - couches, chairs, rugs, (Please break up larger pieces)
- Car batteries
- Electronic Waste (TV's, computers, monitors, printers, etc.)
- Brush - will be accepted at the lower level of the Recycling Center.
- Cardboard - Leave at your curbside for bi-monthly pickup (cut into 2x3 FT pieces and tied)
- Hazardous materials- such as lighter fluid, paint. Click here for Hazardous waste material list
- Smoke detectors
- Building debris - Sheetrock/drywall, Shingles -
- Leaves - may be brought to Big Sky Farm, Roaring Brook Road, WED & SAT @ 8:30am-2:30pm; no bags please
- Car and Truck engines - Take to salvage yard
Household Hazardous Waste
Directions to the Recycling Center:
- From Rt. 69: turn onto Summit Road, which is located right next to the Shell Gas Station. Follow Summit Road all the way to the end. You will go through one stop sign. At the second stop sign, which is a four way intersection, take a right onto Plank Road. The Recycling Center is just a short distance down the road on the right.
- From Rt. 68: turn onto Plank road, which is located between the Public Works Garage and Senor Panchos. Go through one stop sign and the Recycling Center will be on the left.