The Prospect Parks and Recreation program is committed to providing a variety of leisure and recreational activities for the residents of Prospect. Our goal is to provide children and adults with motivating, educational, and interesting programs to encourage positive physical, emotional, and social experiences for our residents.
- The Parks and Recreation Department may cancel a program due to lack of participation, or at the discretion of the Recreation Director. A decision to cancel the program will be made one week prior to the program’s advertised start date. Participants signed up for any program that is cancelled will be notified by email, text, phone, or in writing, and will be refunded their money.
- All participants are expected to demonstrate appropriate behavior and conduct while partaking in the Recreation Programs. The following guidelines have been developed to ensure a safe and fun environment for all other participants including yourself:
- · Refrain from using derogatory comments as well as foul language.
- · Refrain from causing any bodily harm to staff as well as other participants.
- · All participants must respect themselves, each other and the staff. They must also show respect for all equipment and supplies, as well as the facility holding the program.
- ALL RULES AND POLICIES ARE IN EFFECT TO ENSURE SUCCESSFUL PROGRAMS.
- PARTICIPANTS WHO DO NOT FOLLOW RULES WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE PROGRAM WITHOUT A REFUND.
- Registration can be made in person or may be mailed to the Prospect Town Hall, Attn: to the Recreation Dept., or the Mayor’s Office. All payments must be paid in full at the time of registration for the program. There will be an additional charge for any returned checks. When school cancellation occurs or conditions are present for early school dismissal, the activities for the day and evening will be cancelled as well.Registration will be offered to non-residents for those programs that still have space available, one week prior to the start of the program.( Except for the Basketball Program which will be only open to Prospect Town Residents)
- No refunds will be given once a program has begun, unless there is a medical emergency presented, with a doctor’s note.If you experience any difficulties while participating in a pro-gram, please alert the Director of Parks & Recreation. If the problem is not resolved, you will be refunded your money.