The Prospect Recycling Center is for Prospect Residents ONLY.
Hours are 8:30 am to 2:30 pm on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
Proof of residency and vehicle registration are required.
NO commercial vehicles, rack body trucks or dump body pickup trucks.
Contact a private company for a dumpster if you have building debris from construction, remodeling, clean-ups, or moving
The Prospect Recycling Center is located at 157 Plank Road. Recycling has been mandated by the State of Connecticut and Prospect has been cooperating in this effort for some time. The Recycling Center is set up for Mr. and Mrs. Prospect Resident and is not for commercial use. The Recycling Center is for Prospect Residents only and for recycled material generated within the boundaries of Prospect.
157 Plank Road
Prospect, CT 06712
Wednesday and Saturday
8:30 AM to 2:30 PM
Directions to the Recycling Center:
- From Rt. 69, turn onto Summit Road, which is located right next to the Shell Gas Station. Follow Summit Road all the way to the end. You will go through one stop sign. At the second stop sign, which is a four way intersection, take a right onto Plank Road. The Recycling Center is just a short distance down the road on the right.
- From Rt. 68, turn onto Plank road, which is located between the Public Works Garage and Senor Panchos. Go throuhg one stop sign and the Recycling Center will be on the left.
A recycling sticker must be applied to automobile or pick up windows A sticker may be obtained at the Prospect Town Hall in the Mayor's Office. Click Here for more information.
- Registration is required to receive a sticker.
- The sticker will only be given for cars or pickup trucks.
- One day passes are available also.
Electronics Recycling is FREE for Prospect Residents Only at the Prospect Recycling Center