- Motor Oil - 1 gallon containers should be used to transport motor oil
- Tires -off the rims
- Metal Bin - washing machines, water heaters, etc.
- Wood Bin - wood pieces (no longer than 3-4 feet)
- Furniture - couches, chairs, rugs, (Please break up larger pieces)
- Car batteries
- Electronic Waste (TV's, computers, monitors, printers, etc.)
- Brush - will be accepted at the lower level of the Recycling Center.
- Cardboard - Leave at your curbside for bi-monthly pickup (cut into 2x3 FT pieces and tied)
- Hazardous materials- such as lighter fluid, paint. Click here for Hazardous waste material list
- Smoke detectors
- Building debris - Sheetrock/drywall, Shingles -
- Leaves - may be brought to Big Sky Farm, Roaring Brook Road, WED & SAT @ 8:30am-2:30pm; no bags please
- Car and Truck engines - Take to salvage yard
- IF YOU ARE CONSTRUCTING A NEW HOUSE OR DOING A REMODELING JOB, YOU MUST CONTACT A PRIVATE HAULER TO HANDLE THE RESULTING DEBRIS.
- IF YOU ARE PLANNING A MAJOR CLEANUP OR IF YOU ARE MOVING OUT OF TOWN AND YOU WISH TO DISPOSE OF A SUBSTANTIAL AMOUNT OF ACCUMULATIVE MEMORABILIA, YOU MUST CALL A PRIVATE CONRACTOR FOR A DUMPSTER.
If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to call the Mayor's Office. For information on the Mayor's Office visit Town Hall.
Thank you for your cooperation in the town's recycling program.