WEB PAGE UNDER CONSTRUCTION
- All dogs six months and older must be licensed.
- All dogs three months and older are required to be vaccinated against rabies.
- All dogs must wear a collar or harness. The license and rabies tags must be attached to such collar or harness at all times.
- If the license tag becomes lost, you must procure a new tag from your Town Clerk.
- If the rabies tag becomes lost, you must procure a new tag from the facility in which the dog received the vaccination.
- A dog without tags will be considered unlicensed and unvaccinated, and fines may be issued.
- Licenses and rabies tags cannot be used for any dog other than the dog described on the written form.
- You are liable for any damage caused by your dog to persons, property, livestock or poultry.
- Dog owners are liable to prosecution for their dog roaming, annoying any person, vicious disposition, annoyance on any public highway, or excessive barking.
All dog licenses expire on June 30th of each year. A new license must be procured from your Town Clerk on or before June 30th each year or a penalty will be imposed.
HOW TO LICENSE YOUR DOG
- Once payment is received and necessary information is confirmed, tags will be mailed to you
- An additional convenience fee of $1.75 will be charged, alone with $.60 for postage
- For one dog, click "Save" before proceeding to checkout.
- For multiple dogs, click "Save" then "Add more items to cart"
- Mail Application with appropriate documents and check.
- New dog tags will be mailed to owners with a current rabies certificate on file.
- Visit Town Hall, 36 Center ST, Hours: M-F 8:30am - 4:00pm.
- If your dog was Spayed or Neutered after last year's license, please provide a veterinary Spay/Neuter Certificate
- The necessary documentation can be mailed or emailed to this office.
- Tags WILL NOT be mailed before June 1st.
- Altered-Neuter/Spay - $8.00
- Unaltered - $19.00
- Kennel License - $51.00
- Late Fee - $1.00 per month after JUNE 30TH
- Lost Tag - $.50
- Other Transfer - $1.00
- Current Rabies Certificate and if applicable, a Spay/Neuter Certificate from a licensed veterinarian.
- Email address
- Phone number
- Your dog's microchip #