In order to receive an absentee ballot, you need to first complete an application. Please call us at (203) 758-4461 or you can download the application from the Secretary of State website link below.
An elector may vote by absentee ballot in 2021 for one of the following reasons:
- Absence from the town during all hours of voting
- Active service in the U.S. Armed Forces
- Physical disability
- Religious tenets which forbid secular activity on election, primary, or referendum day
- Service as an election official at a polling place other than the official’s place of voting
Absentee ballot applications can be obtained simply by calling the Town Clerk’s Office at (203) 758-4461. The original completed application or absentee ballot must be returned to the Town Clerk’s Office by mail or dropped in the drop boxes outside City Hall to receive an absentee ballot and for your ballot to be counted.
- Military personnel and persons temporarily living overseas may submit a Federal Post Card Application to register and apply for an absentee ballot
- An application for an absentee ballot may be downloaded from the Secretary of State website.
PERMANENT ABSENTEE BALLOTS
Voters with permanent disabilities may be eligible for permanent absentee ballot status. The voter must file an application and a doctor’s certificate stating they have a permanent disability and are unable to appear at the polls. Contact the Town Clerk’s office for further details.