- Sportsmen's Licenses are NO LONGER available in the Town Clerk's Office. Connecticut Sportsmen will be able to purchase fishing, hunting and trapping licenses directly over the internet. In addition to licenses, you will also be able order the special permits and tags needed to hunt species like deer, turkeys, migratory birds and pheasants. These Licenses are now available at the link below:
- Department of Envrionmental Protection
- All marriages performed in the Town of Prospect require issuance of such license in said town.
- Please Note: The fee for a Marriage License is $50.00.
- Worksheet to apply for a Marriage License
Marriage Licenses are issued Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM
Connecticut State Law requires that all dogs aged six months and older be licensed. To obtain a license for your dog, you must supply a certificate of rabies vaccination, a certificate of neutering or spaying (unless one is already of file with the Prospect Town Clerk), and a check payable to Town Clerk of Prospect.
If you wish to pay by mail, you must send a self-addressed stamped envelope with the appropriate fee and a copy of the dog license notice, as well as an updated rabies certificate and the certificate of neutering or spaying, if applicable.
The fee for a neutered male or a spayed female is $8. The fee for a non-neutered male or a non-spayed female is $19. If you have any further questions, call the Town Clerk's office at 758-4461 any Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Cash or check are the only acceptable forms of payment.
Credit cards are not accepted.